Introducing new features of Dynamics 365 – Mobile App enhancements and Dynamics 365 App for Outlook enhancements
Mobile App Improvements
The below mentioned improvements have been introduced in the mobile app which greatly enhances the user experience:
- New Mobile workspace: A tailored action hub has been introduced in the mobile app which allows you to get to regular tasks easily. workspace includes a list of suggested priorities (“action cards”) in the left column, which appears when the App is launched. “Action cards” may contain forthcoming meetings, information related to today’s activities, and other things needing your attention. Additionally, it contains a list of favourite and recently used items. Items that appear in the Recent feed can be added to Favorites by clicking the Favorites
- Improved notes: The new mobile app now allows you take a note in-line when you are in a form, while you have relevant details in front of you, just like from social media. Now you can preview notes without needing to open them.
- Enhanced colors and layouts: The mobile app has been redesigned with enhanced colors and have a new look and feel. Layouts have been compacted and optimized to give crucial info at a glance with negligible scrolling. The dashboard now displays related elements, revealing more information at once. The process bar is more protruding in forms that use it, so it’s more clear where you are in any given process. You can use the form editor to change the way these sections are displayed to better reflect how your organization works.
- Tight Integration with Mobile device and Multimedia content: The app allows you to access your device’s camera and other functions. You can open a note, and tap the icons under the text box to add multimedia content. Users can now record multimedia content directly.
- Mobile offline feature and Web Resources Support: The offline mode has been introduced allowing you to other things while the data is synchronizing in the background. Sync conflict resolution has been enhanced. If multiple entries are made in the same field by more than one offline user, the conflict is clearly marked and you can choose the correct entry. Offline mode now also supports web resources.
- Enhanced sync filter: Users have more control on what data they want to sync to their devices. That means they can save more space on their mobile devices.
Dynamics 365 App for Outlook enhancements
Dynamics 365 App for Outlook has been improved considerably. The new Dynamics 365 App for Outlook when paired with server-side sync is the preferred way to integrate Outlook email with Dynamics 365. The app is pinned to the right side of screen when launched. The data shown in the app displays the recipient list and related information for the selected email message.
With the enhanced Dynamics 365 App for Outlook, you can:
- View data about all email recipients and distribution lists. Email recipients are automatically mapped to Dynamics 365 contacts, leads, or users, so you can see the recipient’s picture, name, job title, company name, business phone, and mobile phone. If a recipient is unknown, you can quickly add the recipient as a contact or lead. You can also set the regarding record with a single click, call the recipient, or add an activity like appointment, phone call, or task.
- View more relevant data about contacts and leads in the related records summary. For example, you can see account information for the contact or lead. Click the account to open the record directly in Dynamics 365. Click the Set regarding button to set the regarding record to that account. You can also see related records for most entities including custom and set the regarding record.
- Quickly set or change the regarding record from pinned records or most recently used records.
- You can make use of the new Relevance Search when you have an online CRM, which allows you to display results from multiple entities in a list sorted by relevance. On-premises CRM uses Categorized search.
- Create new records for all entities including custom entities.
- Track meetings and appointments as well as email
- Use email templates to compose messages. This is a great timer saver.
- Add and attach sales literature or knowledge base articles while you are creating email messages or appointments.
The performance (read speed) of the app has been considerably improved, and it supports all Dynamics 365 and Exchange configurations, including hybrid configurations (Dynamics 365 (online) with Exchange Server (on-premises) or Dynamics 365 (on-premises) with Exchange Online).
2,350 total views, 1 views today